Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My advice to Republican Party

One of my friends name is Michell and she says, “GOP is the party my grandparents vote for. I don’t like them because I’m not that old. If I vote for them it would be so boring. But tea party is more interesting to me.” I always hear this kind of words from many blogs, social network pages and even in the bars. So if people still keep this thought in their mind that would affect number of voters of 2012 presidential election and most of the youths might vote for Obama again.

Although, I read some polling result say that 18-25 years old youths seem to vote more for Republicans than Democrats by 52 percent. Critics think that youths, especially white youths who were supporting Obama’s leadership character and image started to doubt about him during this economic crisis and thinking to follow republicans. So in this case if I have to give recommendation to republicans, I would say following advice.

In 2004, 2008 Republicans didn’t pay attention on 18-25 years old youths, millennium generation. Instead they paid more attention on 35-60 years old voters. Therefore I would tell them to write a project of special program for the millennium generation since result of the vote might get similar. First of all, I will tell them “You should come over to the youths and tell them that to refresh the American dream their participation is important. We created American dream once, so we can do that again with you!” To do that we need to fight back with:

Limited federal government

Individual freedom

Personal responsibility

Free markets tax cuts

Who is going to tell this?

Most convenience and good image would be the tea party movement. It’s hard to count that youths will participate for vote if republicans do better organized tea party movement. In addition to that, they can bring their value of the republicans and talk about that to the youths, so that they could take some real votes in 2012 election.

If I were election manager of the Republican Party I would do TV reality show with the Tea Party for millennium generation and choose winner by public vote, which would be interesting. The prize for the winner could be Republican Party’s 2012 advertisement manager. In one hand, this would change some youths’ thoughts about GOP image, which is boring and old. On the other hand, republicans can take some point by showing to many college students that they support young generation in their party. This would be helpful to get votes from millennium generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment